Library Collection Help
Tips for Finding Film & Audio Materials in the Catalog
- Click on the "Advanced Keyword" search button
- Type the subject, author, composer, actor, director, or title of the song, album, movie, audio book, or other item you are looking for. For multiple-word titles, type the name in quotation marks. For example:
"you're the one that I want" or "Wedding Crashers"
Tip! If you have a generic title, try adding specifics, such as the director's name or the performer.
Tip! Use the plural form of specific types of works, such as symphonies instead of symphony.
Tip! Just looking to see what we have available on DVD (or any other format)? Type an asterisk (*) in the "Search For" box and then follow the instructions below.
- Specify whether you want DVD, Video, Music CD, Book on CD, Book on MP3, or Book on Cassette using the "Material Type" box. (This will ensure that you don't accidentally find a hardcover copy of that audio book you're looking for.)
- Specify whether you want to look only in one library by choosing that library (e.g. Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Main") in the "Location" box.
- If you don't find what you want, ASK A LIBRARIAN!
Visit the "How to Find Music in the Library Catalog" page for even more tips for searching for music.
Browse the Catalog
|Subject Area||LC Class|
|Actors & Actresses||
(Motion Pictures - History)
Motion Pictures Reviews
Motion Pictures History