All Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh locations will be closed on Monday, September 7th, 2015.
Woodville State Hospital
- Established - 1852
- Closed - ?
- 1st site - Collier Twp.
- Also Known As:
- Allegheny County Home
- Hospital for Mental Diseases and Tuberculosis Sanatorium
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Allegheny County Directors of the Poor
- Was a County Home until taken over by the state in 1941 and name was
changed to Woodville State Hospital.
- Merged with Mayview under County auspices in 1945 by state legislation.
- Location of Records:
- Pennsylvania State Archives, Record Group 23 -
Dept. of Public Welfare, Woodville State Hospital (1900-1991)
- PA Department Vertical Files (Hospitals)
- Pittsburgh Photographic Library (Hospitals - 2)
- 1933 Directory of Social Agencies
- 1943 Directory of Social Resources
- 1968 Directory of Health and Welfare Services
- History of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania (1889), p. 422
- Lists and Indexes to the Legal, Court, and Municipal Records of
Allegheny County, PA, Vol. 1, "Births and Deaths in the Allegheny County
Home, 1885-1908", p. 55 **(rqF157 .A4 L5 1982)**