St. Paul's Orphans' Home
- Established - December 10, 1867 / June 9, 1869
- Closed - June 6, 1971
- 1st site - Butler (Butler County)
- 2nd site - Greenville (Mercer County)
- Also Known As:
- Butler Orphan Home
- Rev. Carl August Limberg
- Rev. George B. Russell
- Sponsoring Agency:
- St. Paul's Classis of the Reformed Church
- Accepted soldiers' orphans.
- In Butler, the Christian Siebert farm and mansion served as the
site. Mr. Siebert was an Elder in the Reformed Church.
- Location of Records:
- Case records no longer exist; a fire in the 1970's destroyed them.
- For Board Minutes and Newsletters, contact the following: St. Paul
Homes, Development Office, % Ms. Terri Sherbondy, 339 E. Jamestown Road,
Greenville, PA 16125 ; 412-588-7610.
- Pennsylvania's Soldiers' Orphan Schools...With Names of Pupils
Subjoined (1876), pp. 495-499 **(r362.7 P31)**
- Annual Report of the Superintendent of Soldiers' Orphans...1880, p. 46
- A History of St. Paul's Orphans' Home of the Reformed Church
in the United States(includes a partial list of residents from 1867-1917),
pp. 316-335 **(r362.7 L13)**