St. Michael's Orphan Asylum
- Established - 1874
- Closed - ?
- 1st site - 892 Pius Street (South Side)
- Also Known As:
- St. Michael's German Orphan Asylum
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Sisters of St. Francis
- This was a home for the orphans of St. Michael's parish.
- Location of Records:
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages - see also St. Paul's Orphan
- History of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania (1889), Vol. I, p. 709
- Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 20, pp.
57-58 - small list of residents from the 1880 Census for the 27th Ward