All Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh locations will close at 5 pm on Wednesday, November 26 and will remain closed on Thursday, November 27.
Pythian Home of Pennsylvania
- Established - 1924
- Closed - 1931
- 1st site - Ben Avon
- Also Known As:
- Knights of Pythias Orphans' Home
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Pythian Home Association of Pennsylvania
- Annual Report for 1931 lists all children admitted 1924-1931. They
are as follows: Zenneta CURRY, Irene CURRY, E. Lucinda MASSIE, Martha W.
MASSIE, George MASSIE, Clarence Lee WAGELEY, Albert Samuel TAYLOR, John
TAYLOR, James Watson GEDDIS, Earl Edward HUEY, Charles HUMMEL, Agnes HUMMELL, Gladyes
Elizabeth WAGELEY, Katherene HUEY, James Arnold HANDLEY, Elizabeth M.
HICKENBOTH, Gertrude E. RANDALL, William Clarence POLM, Maryrose Cardelia
POLM, Ruth Loreo POLM, Daisy Marie COOPER, Sarah Virginia COOPER, Chester
McNEISH, Dale McNEISH, Willford McNEISH, Ellen Laurene REITLER, Frederick
C. REITLER, Mendell Gale REITLER, Grant Leonard LAUGHREN, Alithia
LAUGHREN, Edna LAUGHREN, Ruth LAUGHREN, Adolph A. NYE, Andrew K. NYE,
Robert J. ARTHUR, III, Jay Eugene BLUM, Martha May FELLOWS, Thomas Hale
FELLOWS, Larna FELLOWS, Daniel FELLOWS, Lester L. LOWREY, and John H. LOWREY.
- Location of Records:
- Donald Grant, Grand Secretary, Knights of Pythias, 25 South Morton
Avenue, Morton, PA 19070 ; 610-328-0688 (has some information including
photographs and annual reports)
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages)
- Pythian Home Association of Pennsylvania Annual Report for 1929