Louise Home for Babies
- Established - 1904
- Closed - 1955
- 1st site - Wylie Avenue (Day Nursery)
- 2nd site - Pacific Avenue (Day Nursery)
- 3rd site - Federal Street (Day Nursery)
- 4th site - West End (1909)
- 5th site - 946 Beech Avenue (North Side) (1913)
- 6th site - 336 South Rebecca Street / 336 South Aiken Avenue (1919)
- Also Known As:
- Louise Child Care Center (1957-2002)
- Founder: Institution was named for Mrs. Louise Root Diescher.
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Young Women's Guild of Christ Methodist Episcopal Church at Centre
and Aiken Avenues
- Church is now called First United Methodist Church of Pittsburgh.
- Began as a Day Nursery
- Many of the children (infant to six) during WWII were the offspring of dead or wounded military men.
- Location of Records:
Pittsburgh Regional History Center Library and Archives Division
- 1212 Smallman Street
- Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Phone: 412-454-6364
- Louise Child Care Center / Names of the children are in alphabetical order / There are no restrictions on accessing this collection.
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages)
- A Directory of the Social Resources of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, 1943. rHV99 .P65 W48 1943