All Library locations will be closed on Thursday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
- Established - 1918
- Closed - 1933
- 1st site - 308 West Swissvale Avenue (Edgewood)
- Also Known As:
- Faith Home for Children
- Mr. R. E. and Mrs. May Elliot Beals
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Home closed as a result of the economic pressures of the Depression.
- The Fire Marshall condemned the house about 1926, at which time the
Children's Service Bureau found homes
for 14 children. There were 40 children residing at the Home at that time.
- Mrs. Beals died in March, 1934.
- Location of Records:
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages)
- Directory of the Philanthropic...Agencies of Pittsburgh and Allegheny
County, 1928 **(r361 K27)**
- 1933 Directory of Social Agencies