Boys' Industrial Home of Western
- Established - Janaury 29, 1901
- Closed - 1972
- 1st site - Euclid Avenue (Allegheny City)
- 2nd site - 320 Hastings Avenue (Oakdale)
- Also Known As:
- Rev. J.W. Cleland (d. 1922)
- Sponsoring Agency:
- United Presbyterian Church
- Location in Oakdale was the former Oakdale Academy.
- Farm land was added through the purchase of the Watters farm and the
Oak Ridge farm.
- Caring for homeless boys (8-16); providing them a home and education.
- Archives of Industrial Society, University of Pittsburgh, has annual
reports: HV995 .O25 B69
- Location of Records:
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages ; Youth Centers)
- 1916 Directory of Institutions in Pennsylvania **(r361 P3993)**
- 1933 Directory of Social Agencies **(r361 D62)**
- 1937 Directory of Social Agencies **(r361 D62)**
- 1968 Directory of Health and Welfare Services **(r361 D62)**