All Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh locations will be closed on Tuesday, December 24th and Wednesday, December 25th in observance of Christmas. All locations will reopen on Thursday, December 26th.
W. Harry Brown Home for Boys
- Established - 1921
- Closed - ?
- 1st site - Elizabethtown (Lancaster County)
- Also Known As:
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania
- An annual report for 1940 indicates that there were several Masonic
Homes in Elizabethtown to meet the needs of master masons, their wives,
widows, mothers and minor children.
- The names of several children are listed in this annual report.
- Location of Records:
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages)
- Annals of the Masonic Homes...at Elizabethtown, Pa....November 15, 1940
- Masonic Homes, Educational Institutions and Cognate Charities: Report
Made to the Grand Lodge...North Dakota, June, 1908 **(r366.1 T38)(Social