Elizabeth A. Bradley Children's Home
- Established - May 29, 1905
- Closed -
- 1st site - 214 Hulton Road (Oakmont)
- 2nd site - 522 Saxonburg Road (Dorseyville) (1975)
- 3rd site - 5180 Campbells Run Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15205
- Also Known As:
- Bradley Children's Home
- Bradley Center (1972)
- Bradley Center, Inc. (1991)
- Daughters of Elizabeth A. Bradley
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Pittsburgh Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Women's Home
- Provided care for destitute orphan and half orphan children.
- Methodist Church Woman's Society of Christian Service took over control in 1940.
- Conference United Methodist Women (1972)
- Mrs. Bradley's daughter's, Miss Bell Bradley, Mrs. P.D. Perchment, and
Mrs. E.H. Utley proposed the establishment of the Home in 1903 - buying
and furnishing the house.
- Mr. Alexander Bradley was the husband and father of the above listed
- Served abused, neglected, and dependent children.
- Later cared for mentally disabled children.
- Location of Records:
- The Bradley Center
- 5180 Campbells Run Road
- Pittsburgh, PA 15205
- Phone: 412-788-8219
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages;Youth Centers)
- Directory of Institutions in Pennsylvania, 1916. rHV98 .P4 D575 1916 (Locked Case) p. 48
- A Directory of the Social Resources of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, 1943. rHV99 .P65 W48 1943
- A Directory of Community Services in Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, 1947. 11th ed. rHV99 .P65 W48 11th ed. (Locked Case)
- Where to Turn: The Directory of Health and Human Services for Allegheny County and the Surrounding Region. 25th ed. rHV99 .P65 W48 1994