Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh locations will be closed Memorial Day, Monday, 5/27.
Elizabeth A. Bradley Children's Home
- Established - May 29, 1905
- Closed -
- 1st site - 214 Hulton Road (Oakmont)
- 2nd site - 522 Saxonburg Road (Dorseyville) (1975)
- Also Known As:
- Bradley Children's Home
- Bradley Center (1972)
- Bradley Center, Inc. (1991)
- Daughters of Elizabeth A. Bradley
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Pittsburgh Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Women's Home
- Provided care for destitute orphan and half orphan children.
- Woman's Society of Christian Service took over control in 1940.
- Conference United Methodist Women - 1972
- Mrs. Bradley's daughter's, Miss Bell Bradley, Mrs. P.D. Perchment, and
Mrs. E.H. Utley proposed the establishment of the Home in 1903 - buying
and furnishing the house.
- Mr. Alexander Bradley was the husband and father of the above listed
- Location of Records:
- The Bradley Center, 561 Saxonburg Road, Dorseyville, PA 15238 ;
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages)
- 1916 Directory of Institutions in Pennsylvania **(r361 P3993)**
- 1933 Directory of Social Agencies **(r361 D62)**
- 1943 Directory of Social Resources **(r361 D62)**
- 1968 Directory of Health and Welfare Services **(r361 D62)**