PITTSBURGH MUSIC - ARCHIVAL MATERIAL
WESTINGHOUSE MALE CHORUS
Papers from Clarence Menzer Church, Jr. Includes his biographical sketch, programs, newspaper clippings, photographs, and chorus personnel lists
Time period 1930 - 1959
Chorus was established in 1929 and was composed of employees of the Westinghouse Electric Manufacturing Co. of Pittsburgh, PA
- Oliver Room, Pittsburgh Music Archive #33
Papers from Clarence Menzer Church, Jr.
The Westinghouse Male Chorus was established in 1929 by Oscar W. Grosskopf. It was composed of employees of the Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Company of Pittsburgh, PA, and was one of the many organizations sponsored by the Westinghouse Club. Clarence M. Church was a member of the Chorus.
- Biographical sketch of Clarence M. Church, Jr. (CMC, Jr.)
- Photographs of Westinghouse Male Chorus (WMC)
- Tri-State Industrial Music Festival at Syria Mosque, Pittsburgh - 20 March 1937
- WMC at Atlantic City, NJ - 5 June 1937
- WMC at Atlantic City, NJ - 18 June 1938
- WMC at Atlantic City, NJ - 1 June 1940
- Sunday at Chautauqua - 25 August 1946
- Newspaper clippings
- Wardrobe inventory
- Chorus personnel lists
Choir music notebook of CMC, Jr. Contains commercially published choral octavos as well as SPEBSQA Barber shop arrangements and arrangements by local arrangers.