Subject HeadingsA standard list of subject headings is used to describe the works included in AuthorSheets bibliographies.
- Bibliography - Additional readings are available in the work cited.
- Biography - Biographical information is available in the work cited.
- Characters - The characters of a story are being described or analyzed.
- Criticism - Critical analysis and interpretation is available in the work cited.
- Essays - The work focuses on the essays and short pieces produced by the author.
- Interviews - Authors speaking on their own works or those of others.
- Novels - The work focuses on the longer fiction produced by an author.
- Plays - The work focuses primarily on the plays produced by an author.
- Poetry - The work focuses on the poems or poetic style of an author.
- References - Footnotes, endnotes, or chapter notes accompany
- Short Stories - The work focuses on the short stories produced by an author.
- Themes - Prominent themes of one or more stories are being discussed in the work.
- Works - The work focuses on many different literary styles, including
novels, poetry, essays, short stories, &tc.
Poe, Edgar Allan
In May, Charles. The Short Story: The Reality of Artifice. New York: Twayne, 1995. pp. 31-35, 107-110.
Criticism -- "The Fall of the House of Usher" -- Short Stories