PITTSBURGH MUSIC - ARCHIVAL MATERIAL
Swan Chorale/Ralph J. Swan (1931-2010)
- Three scrapbooks
- CD copies of cassette tapes and LPs
- 4 large photos
Time period 1949 - 2010
The Swan Chorale, founded and directed by Ralph Swan, started in 1945. The group performed for churches and organizations around Pittsburgh for more than 50 years. Ralph's older sister, Amy L. Brown, was the piano accompanist and co-founder. The Swan Chorale was initially supported by United We Sing.The Swan Chorale archive was donated by Mrs. Armetta Swan, Ralph Swan's widow and Swan Chorale member.
Pittsburgh Music Archive #30 (One box and one portfolio of photographs)
- Scrapbooks contain programs, correspondence, financial records, contracts, photographs and other ephemeral items
- 1 CD copy, from an LP, of "The Swans Take Flight" (1972?)
- 1 CD box set of 2 CDs of "The Swan Chorale Celebrates its 48th Anniversary" concert in Carnegie Music Hall June 14, 1993.
- 1 CD box set of 2 CDs of "The Swan Chorale 50th Anniversary Concert" in Carnegie Music Hall June 19, 1995. Copied from cassette tapes.
- 1 CD copy, from a cassette, of a Swan Chorale rehearsal, ~1991-1992.
- 4 large photographs of June 14, 1993 concert - in a separate box